- A collection of obituaries from all over Canada

All BRITISH COLUMBIA Data Collections at our friend, - British Columbia

Search here:

First Name:   Last Name:

Results will display our free data content, free external content, as well as search results, all shown separately.

Canadian Historical Newspapers -  -  Search the massive Canada Marriages Database  -  Huge Canadian Obituary Collection


Canada (all) - Alberta - British Columbia - Manitoba - New Brunswick - Newfoundland - Northwest Territory - Nova Scotia - Nunavut - Ontario - Prince Edward Island - Quebec - Saskatchewan - Yukon Territory

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Obit ] [ Read Next Obit ]

British Columbia, Canada Obituaries and Death Notices Collection

BRITISH COLUMBIA - Dawson Creek - Miscellaneous Obituaries - 88

Posted By:
Date: Friday, 8 July 2016, at 4:03 p.m.

Sheena Elizabeth Farnquist

Sheena Farnquist a resident of Dawson Creek, B.C. passed away on June 12th, 2002 at the age of 20 years. A funeral service was held on June 18th, at 2:00 PM, from the South Peace United Church, Pastor, Victoria King officiated.

Sheena was born on July 5th, 1981 in Dawson Creek, B.C. to Debbie Farnquist.

When She was brought into the world, Sheena was raised by one parent, her mother Debbie. Sheena never had the experience of being raised by a father, however she had a lot of father figures in her life to look up to. Sheena spent a lot of time with her grandpa Elmer, her uncles and aunts. Sheena may have only had one parent, but she was also very lucky to have the guidance and love not only from her mom but from all of her aunts and uncles.

Sheena was the first grandchild in the Farnquist family, and you all have to admit with that being said we can all agree that she was spoiled, especially by her proud grandparents, Mary and Elmer.

Sheena was very proud of her grandpa Elmer and all of his hockey accomplishments; like the "Larry Ashley Award" given to hockey trainers from all over B.C., as well as how he was respected in the community.

Sheena was a joy to be around, she got to share a part of her life with each Aunt and Uncle. They all took Sheena under their wings and gave her support and love. As each day passes we all will remember the times we shared with Sheena, these memories will be with us forever. Each one of us carries a special peace of Sheena in our hearts, and that is how we will keep her spirit alive. We will share those memories with Sheena’s precious little girl Aleaha.

Sheena was an outgoing little girl, she loved baseball, curling, singing, dancing, camping, and fishing. She spent a lot of time camping and fishing with her grandpa, aunts and uncles. When Sheena was six she was fishing near Doe River with her family, and regardless of how many adults were trying to get the catch of the day, here comes this little girl and in no time at all caught a 5 pound fish. Uncle Phil from that point on knew who the fishing pro was.

In 1990 when Sheena was 9 years old, she was blessed with a baby brother, Sheena took it upon herself to name the new addition to her family. She had such a huge crush on Jordan Knight from the "New Kids on the Block" that she decided to name her baby brother Jordan after him. The first concert Sheena went to was the New Kids on the Block.

After playing with plastic dolls, She finally got to experiment with the real thing. She dressed Jordan up in dresses, and played house, pretending to be all grown up. Sheena loved her brother and was very protective of him, their relationship grew and they bonded over the years. Sheena was very proud when Jordan received a silver medal for swimming. Sheena enjoyed teasing people, especially her little brother Jordan.

At the age of 10, Sheena had suffered the loss of a loved one, her grandma Mary, whom she was very close to. This was a first time loss for Sheena and she held her own, she grieved and healed and from that she became stronger.

Sheena continued to grow from a sweet little girl to a beautiful loving teenager. She attended Central Middle School, from here Sheena experienced some hard ships in her life. But no matter what life dished out, she always managed to make the best of any given situation, no matter what the circumstance Sheena always stood tall with a smile on that beautiful precious face. She was always proud of who she was and where she came from.

At the age of 14 Sheena met Shane Napio, two years later, on August 30th, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Aleaha Summer Dawn Farnquist. Sheena was a wonderful, loving mother, Aleaha was everything to her. At this point in her life, Sheena began taking steps to provide a wonderful future for herself and her little girl. Bedtime was a very special time for both, Sheena and Aleaha, this was when they would talk about their day and make plans for the next. Sheena would sing and read to Aleaha, until she was sound asleep.

At the age of 18, Sheena and Shane decided to go their separate ways. Sheena then met her new love, Earl Ducharme whom she loved deeply, Sheena was his baby girl.

Sheena was full of determination, she was bound and determined to buy her uncle Calvin’s car. She constantly bugged him about it and basically said "You will give me a good deal". One day Calvin became her new found chauffeur, and he was beckoned to pick her up. When they returned home, Sheena opened the car door so fast that she hit a post and dented the car door. Calvin wasn’t willing to sell before but now it was considered sold.

Even though Sheena had experienced some setbacks with education she never gave up. She was very ambitious and had planned to fulfil her dream of becoming a mortician. She was enrolled at the Enterprise Centre to do an entrepreneur course starting in September.

Sheena may have been young, but she was always conscious of how short life could be.

She was a free spirit, Sheena would try anything once. I remember a time just this past year when She wanted to get her tongue pierced. I am sure you may have at one time experienced the pain you feel when you bite your tongue, and although her mom tried to talk her out of it, Sheena was determined no matter how much pain it would cause, to put a ring in the middle of her tongue, which she did.

Sheena loved the outdoors, especially trips to Landry with her family and friends.

She was a beautiful woman, an example sent to us by God, I believe Sheena was chosen by him based on that beauty. She was sent to us to do a task, to help spread good and because she did what she was sent to do, God now wants her back. Sheena was a very good person, so God will now take her home and repay her by reuniting her with her loving grandmother Mary. When God gave Sheena the gift of life, he also gave her a few other good qualities to go along with it, Sheena was kind, giving, forgiving, compassionate, loving, and warm hearted, she touched the hearts of everyone she knew. I am thankful for the gifts that God had given her, and that she shared them with each and everyone of her family and friends.

Today we say good bye, and share our sorrows because our loving mother, daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, cousin and friend, is leaving us. We will miss her but we will keep her alive in our memories. We can take comfort in knowing that Sheena has gone to rest in a more peaceful and better place. She is in God’s hands now and he will take care of her. Although we can make plans for our lives, only God knows the final outcome. I know I am better to have loved and lost her, than to have lived without her in my life.

Sheena leaves to mourn her precious daughter Aleaha, her mother Debbie, her brother Jordan,

grandpa Elmer, her aunts Karen, Sharon, Marilyn, Trish, Angie, Tina, her uncles Larry, David, Jim, Calvin and Phil, her cousins Kim, Vicki, Richard, Melissa, Kayla, MacKenzie, Shawn, James, Chris, Sierra, Shaylie, her new love Earl Ducharme, and a lot of great friends.

We love you Sheena, and we will watch over your precious daughter Aleaha. Rest In Peace.

Arrangements were under the care of Reynars Funeral Chapel and Crematorium Dawson Creek.

Jim McIntyre

Jim McIntyre, resident of Dawson Creek, BC passed away on June 14, 2002 of heart failure while in Vancouver, where he had traveled for cancer treatment. A memorial service will be held at The Bergeron Funeral Chapel, Dawson Creek, at 4:00 pm on Saturday, June 29, 2002. Anyone who wishes to speak at the memorial will be welcome to do so. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the charity of your choice.

Jim loved his family, his friends, dancing, music, food (especially roast beef and fruit pies), the Peace River Country, life, and everything good that life had to offer. He was a kind and principled man with a strong work ethic, a dry wit and a keen sense of humour. He was born on the 10th of May, 1915 in Clearwater, Manitoba. That date seemed to be significant for him—it was the name he gave to his hand-built river boat, and turned out, with great sadness, to be the day his wife of almost 50 years, Joan, died four years ago.

He served with the Signals Corps during World War II, and came to Dawson Creek in 1957. He and Joan built one of the first houses on 93rd Avenue, and he continued to live in the house after Joan died. In the sixties, he purchased the Dawson Creek branch of Motor Car Supply and named the company McIntyre’s Automotive. After that, he was administrator of the Pouce Coupe Hospital for several years, and on his retirement he ran the “Energy House” in Dawson Creek. He served as an alderman with the City of Dawson Creek for two terms. He was at one time an avid river-boater and enjoyed boating on the Murray and the Peace rivers as well as on many tributaries to the Peace. He and Joan also traveled by motor home throughout Canada, enjoying the small towns, the prairies, rivers, lakes and the ocean. Jim loved to build and fix things all his life. In his later years, he worked as a volunteer to help seniors with income tax returns, and as a seniors’ counselor. His tango lessons were cut short by his death.

He leaves his family, who loved him very much: His five children, Jean Hicks (Don), Jill (David Ashby), Colin (Angelique Prince), Betty (Bob Perra) and James (Cheryl Campbell); twelve grandchildren, Suzanne, Hal, Elizabeth, Donovan, Sara, Rusty, Chloe, Kelsey, Tania, Dustin, Alicia and Thomas, and his sister Jean Fleischman in Calgary. His brother Tom predeceased him.

He also leaves many, many friends in the Dawson Creek area, at the Co-Op, Royal Canadian Legion, the Senior’s Centre, Tai-Chi, the Walker’s Club and at the physiotherapy clinic. We will miss him so very much, but he would not want us to mourn too much. “Be gone, dull care. Thou and I shall never agree.”

Memorial Arrangements entrusted to Bergeron Funeral Services & Crematorium Ltd., Dawson Creek - Fort St. John, British Columbia.

Wally Beaulieu

Wally Beaulieu a long time resident of Dawson Creek, B.C. passed away on June 9th, 2002 in Edmonton, Alberta. at the age of 54 years.

A funeral service was held on Friday, June 14th, 2002 at 2:00 PM from Grandview Chapel in Dawson Creek. Reverends David and Phyllis Roch officiated, interment followed in the Brookside Cemetery.

Wallace Howard Patrick Beaulieu was born on November 16th, 1947 in Peace River, Alberta.

He was the fourth son of seven children born to Edwin and Hazel Beaulieu. Wally had one sister

Arlene and five brothers Ernest, Clayton, Harold, Stan, and Garth. Wally was predeceased by his father Edwin, on September, 25th, 1991.

Wally moved around a little in his early years, and finally in 1969 he was to find his friend and companion and soon to be wife in Calgary, Alberta. Wally and Heather were married for 34 years.

Together they had their first son Darrin, in October of 1971 in Calgary. Before Darrin was a year old the family moved to Dawson Creek, B.C. Wally and his family lived in town for a number of years until they found there little 10 acre farm out in Arras.

In January 1981, they had an addition to their family, another son Carson. Together Wally and Heather raised their boys on the farm for about sixteen years before moving back into Dawson Creek to the home where they now reside.

As the boys grew up and moved out on their own, Wally and Heather made their home beautiful. Together they spent many hours on the yard transplanting trees and shrubs from the bush into the yard. The yard is full of homemade wood works that Wally liked to craft. Wally loved the outdoors hunting, camping, and together with Grandpa he handed down this love for the outdoors to his sons. Together as a family mom and grandchildren included, you would usually find them all out at their favorite hunting spot at mile 22. Along with the outdoors Wally also enjoyed sports which included, baseball, slow-pitch, softball and later in life, golf which he would eventually become a pretty darn good player. Some have said he was an excellent athlete, a fierce competitor and a spirited foe to reckon with.

Wally was a very proud and giving grandpa & papa to Wynter & Tamara Giroux,

Jessica Beaulieu, and Rachelle Sieben. He gave love to his grandchildren unconditionally, this can be attested by the many photos of them that he took great care to hang throughout the family home amongst all the many other photos and life experiences.

Wally also had a good sense of humour and could be a card, a comic, or a jokester at times, always providing a laugh when needed. This was witnessed many times by family and relatives and also through many stories heard through the words of past and currant friends.

Through thick and thin despite illnesses both Heather and Wally were dealing with they managed to stay happy and upbeat. Many times when not at work, due to their great love of the outdoors you could find just the two of them along with moms little lap dog out camping and hunting and doing what they loved best.

When Wally found out about his heart condition he waited anxiously for the phone call telling him to come for surgery. When he got that call though he remained strong for others to see, he was somewhat scared and worried. Wally and Heather made their way to Edmonton for that surgery. They both agreed before that neither one of them ever wanted to be hooked up to life support if there ever came a need for it.

Wally with his right hand held by his big brother Ernie and his left hand being held by his loving wife, his two boys and the rest of the family by his side, peacefully passed away.

So now Wally has joined his dad, who has been waiting for a hunting partner, sitting around the fire, waiting for the mornings first light, so they can hit the trail in search of that big bull moose which has been coming into the lick only they know about.

Arrangements were under the care of Reynars Funeral Chapel and Crematorium Dawson Creek, B.C.

Jenny Broadway

Jenny Broadway a resident of Bonanza, Alberta., passed away on June 3rd, 2002 at the age of 73 years.

Funeral services were held on Monday June 7th, at 1:00 PM from Reynars Funeral Chapel, Pastor, Dave Brisbin officiated, interment followed in the Brookside Cemetery Dawson Creek.

Jenny Broadway was born in the Ukraine to Andrew and Annie Rudy on April 25th, 1929.

At the age of one, she travelled with her parents and older sister, Sophie, to a new life in Canada. The family homesteaded northeast of Rolla, B.C., where Jenny grew up with her siblings Sophie, Olga, Leonard, and Julia.

Jenny married Jack Broadway at the age of seventeen and had two children, Dorothy and Bill. Although Jenny worked hard on the farm, she never lost her natural beauty and sense of refinement. She was very elegant and many would say, a strikingly beautiful woman.

As a young wife and mother, Jenny was very involved in the family farm, clearing land , raising animals, as well as caring for her family, home, and garden. She liked to pick crocuses in the spring and her garden was always full of poppies. To her surprise, the police drove in one day and informed her that her poppies could be more than just beautiful flowers! The family enjoyed a busy life with time for large family gatherings, picnics, box-socials, and memorable summer trips in the ‘61 Chrysler. The family would soon learn her love for playing games and she would initiate a game of Scrabble, Snakes & Ladders, Checkers, and cards with anyone who would play.

Jenny’s life was always ingrained with creativity, imagination, and discovery. She was very fascinated with looking for fossils in the creeks and riverbanks, and would get so excited to unearth an interesting rock or bone. She even has a claim-to-fame of contributing a find to the Provincial Museum of Alberta in Edmonton. Jenny would not hesitate to start a project that might seem be too tough. Bill recalls when she built them a full playhouse in one afternoon!

Her talents were realized after taking an oil painting course. The distinctly portrayed landscapes of mountains, rivers, farms, and animals have been seen and sold as far as Great Britain, Japan, the Ukraine, and across Canada. Jenny also had a passion for painting scenes on antique bottles, canners, saw blades and anything else brought to her to be transformed into memorable keepsakes. She enjoyed participating in fairs and craft sales to share her paintings with the community. The legacy of her art work will be forever treasured.

Jenny truly did dote on her four granddaughters, Penny, Shelane, Julie, and Brittany. She was tremendously generous with her time. Weekends at Grandma and Grandpa’s house were spent playing, and Grandma played hard! Whether it was digging in the creek for quartz, playing catch, shaking out poppy seeds, collecting shells from the dugout, or reading on a blanket in the shade of the crab apple tree, she kept us busy! There was always Juicy Fruit gum, Kool-aid, nanny’s soup, and fried perogies to give us.

Grandma was full of imagination and bedtime stories (with a back scratch of course!) and was quite sensitive to everyone’s feelings. Julie recalls asking Grandma if she could hatch one of the chicken eggs. Grandma’s reply was that she better boil it or Julie might drop it and hurt the chick, knowing that Julie would be upset at a broken egg on the plane trip home! Grandma had a way of making everyone feel special and encouraged us all.

Jenny was predeceased by her parents Andrew and Annie Rudy, sister Sophie, brother Leonard, and husband Jack. She is survived by her daughter Dorothy Moorman (husband Alvin) of Bonanza, Alberta; son Bill Broadway (wife Margaret) of Edmonton, Alberta., also four grandchildren Penny Lepage (husband Marcel), Shelane LeRoux (husband Randy), Brittany Moorman, and Julie Broadway. Also two great grandchildren, Alara and Reece Lepage.

A few nights ago, the family was thinking of words that defined Grandma’s character: kindhearted, loving, gentle, thoughtful, generous, helpful, creative, and very funny. There was always a smile and a "hi-hi" at the door, and we can feel safe in knowing that someday she will greet us with her smile in heaven.

Funeral Arrangements were under the care of Reynars Funeral Chapel and Crematorium Dawson Creek, B.C.

Georgene (Lawrence) Slight

Margaret Georgene Slight was born Sept. 28, 1926 in Vancouver B.C.

In 1928, her parents, Jean and Glover Lawrence and three-year-old Georgene moved north to the Peace River Country. The family (which soon included Bill) operated the meat market in Rolla. They moved to Dawson Creek in 1938 and started Lawrence Meat Market and Packing Plant.

Georgene completed high school in Dawson Creek and then went on to UBC in Vancouver for her nurses’ training. She had to leave the program before completion due to ill health and spent some time in Arizona until she was well enough to return to Dawson Creek. Upon her return, she enrolled in the business course at Notre Dame School in 1951. After completion of this course, she spent six months travelling in Europe before accepting a job working for Jim McPhail at Winspear Hamilton.

She met Bill Slight, commercial teacher at Dawson Creek High School, and they married in 1954. Bill retired in 1962 and they lived in Barbados for a time before settling permanently in Vancouver. Georgene cared for Bill throughout his long illness with Multiple Sclerosis. She later remarked that all her nurses’ training ended up to be very useful after all!

After Bill’s death in 1988, she spent her time happily involved in community and church activities. She traveled and enjoyed her many friends. As nieces and nephews left Dawson Creek to attend UBC or SFU, they were fortunate to have the opportunity to develop close relationships with “Aunty Georgene.” She was always fun to visit and very supportive. They called her their “anchor” away from home during the university years.

Georgene was very proud to be from the Peace River Country. She kept up with many Dawson Creek acquaintances and always identified herself as a Dawson Creek girl. She loved to tell stories about the war years and the fun she and her teenage girlfriends had when the male population in Dawson Creek increased by over 10,000 overnight!

Georgene died peacefully in her Vancouver apartment with her brother Bill by her side. Georgene remarked that she had a wonderful life and had been able to do everything she ever really wanted to do.

Georgene is lovingly remembered by brother Bill and Lenore Lawrence and their family: Patty (Garry) Wadson, Keith and Chris; Cathy (Andrew) Cole, Steven and Edward; Bob (Justyna) Lawrence, Jennifer, Kathryn and Robin; Allan (Ramona) Lawrence. Cousins: Monty Bissett, Valerie Siemens, Lloyd Lawrence and June Keen.

A memorial service was held in Vancouver on June 3, 2002 at St. Stephen’s United Church. Interment was at Dawson Creek Cemetery.

Bill and Lenore would like to invite friends of Georgene and students of Bill Slight to a tea and open house in Georgene’s honour at 924 ? 107 Avenue, Dawson Creek between 2 and 5 p.m., Wednesday, June 19.

Lothar Hans Triebel

Lothar Hans Triebel, resident of Dawson Creek, British Columbia passed away on June 5, 2002 in Dawson Creek. A funeral service was held at 11:00 am on June 10, 2002 at Notre Dame Roman Catholic Church, with Father Chris Lynch officiating. Interment followed at the Brookside Cemetery, Dawson Creek.

Eulogy: Our Opa, Lothar Triebel, was born to Hans and Elisabeth on October 8, 1933, in Konderitz, East Germany, and was raised in nearby Saalfeld. His sister Hannelore completed the family in 1937. Opa was born during the depression and spent most of his childhood years in wartime. When the American soldiers were stationed nearby, they would supply Opa and his buddies with chocolate and cigarettes, in return the boys would pull pranks on the soldiers. Opa was famous for wandering around town, picking up unexploded shells, and leaving them in his pockets for his mother to find later. He remembered getting more than one licking over that trick!

After the war, Opa's home in East Germany was under communist rule. By age 14, Opa knew he didn't want that type of life. He arranged to escape with his friend Rudi, however, at the last moment, plans changed, and Opa was left behind, it would be nearly 50 years before he saw Rudi again. Opa returned home and went to school where he studied watchmaking. Finally at age 17, he jumped the border on his own, sneaking across between patrols and spending wet, cold nights in bombshell holes and ditches.

Once in West Germany, Opa was taken in by his aunt. He found work in an optics factory where they valued the keen eyes of watchmakers for assembly. He was certified as a watchmaker in 1951, scoring 91% on his final exam. When living in Nurnberg, Opa spent much of his free time traveling on his motor scooter to dances and festivals in nearby towns.

Opa emigrated to Canada in 1955. He started work as a watchmaker in a Toronto sweatshop. He jumped at the chance to move to Medicine Hat, Alberta, in 1957, when a friend extended an invitation to work there. In Medicine Hat, Opa found a vibrant German Community to socialize with.

Around this time, Lothar began corresponding with his sister's friend Brigitte Wolf, who was back in Germany. After three years, Lothar and Brigitte decided that they wanted to meet in person. Brigitte came over on a 30 day visa. In this short period of time, Omi and Opa realized they were in love and were married on January 28, 1961. Gerald arrived in November of that same year.

At this time Opa got the itch to strike out on his own. They packed up all their belongings and set out north in the spring of 1962, destination unknown. Opa and Omi stopped in Grande Prairie and assessed their chances at making a living there. After checking out Dawson Creek too, they decided that Dawson had better prospects at that time, as it was larger and more prosperous! They spent their first few nights in the Pouce Coupe park. Maybe that planted the seed for Opa's lifelong love affair with the Peace Country, which kept him here for the remainder of his life.

Opa started business with Walter Wilk in June of 1962. Roland was born in October of '62. The Triebels lived in a basement suite for some time, and then, in November of 1963, Lothar, Brigitte and the boys moved to 95th Avenue -1000 square feet of their own home. Vera came along to complete the family in March of 1964; a baby girl finally, who quickly became Papa's little girl.

The business grew along with the family. Opa made a huge effort to learn proper English because he felt the need to communicate with his customers. In those days a watchmaker could make a very good living, but finally, after pressure from customers, he began to stock jewelry. That was a decision he was later grateful for, many times, as the watch trade diminished over the years. The 1970's were an especially prosperous time, benefiting from Opa's honesty and integrity. As the business grew, Opa employed a number of salespeople over the years, who, on slow Saturday mornings, learned all Opa’s stories about the old days.

As the family and business blossomed, so did Opa's love of the outdoors and his precious free time. He made the most of both by purchasing property, first at One Island Lake and later at Moberly Lake and Azu Ski Village. Opa cherished the time he was able to spend with his family relaxing, whether kayaking at Moberly Lake, or skiing in the mountains, we could always tell Opa was having a good time when he began to yodel.

Lothar and Brigitte enjoyed the company of the German community in Dawson Creek. They danced many nights away out at Tomslake with the Koch's, Bopp's and other wonderful friends. In 1967, the whole family started skiing. After a while, the Sunday afternoon activity became a passion, and weekends were soon spent at Azu Ski Village. Opa became an expert on skiing and ski equipment that not even the sport shops could rival. He intimidated many a salesperson with his knowledge.

Opa, Nick Koch, and the boys, teamed up to build the cabin in 1978. From then on Opa never stopped working to improve it. The only thing that would stop Opa's Sunday skiing was an avalanche, a wedding, or one of us grandkids’ celebrations. He was happiest when his skis were on, the sun was shining, and the snowboarders were still in bed!

Throughout the eighties all three children branched out. Gerald and Melanie, Vera and Kevin, Roland and Debbie, all started families of their own. The grandchildren soon rapidly filled up the ski cabin, but there is still room for the baby on the way. Opa’s greatest delight was seeing the grandkids on skis. He always provided us with any equipment that we needed to maintain our interest in skiing. Opa was not always able to say what he felt but he always showed his love through his giving.

Opa and Omi took several holidays back home to Germany. He renewed many old friendships on his visits, but he was always grateful to come home. He was proud to be a Canadian citizen. All in all, for Opa, home really was the castle, whether it was in Dawson, Azu, or the Lake.

In the last year or so, Opa finally began to treat himself to an extra day off during the week. He used his weekends this winter to log an amazing 650,000 vertical feet of skiing, which he documented faithfully in his ski diaries. He also spent countless hours puttering away at the odd jobs that never seemed to be finished. In fact, on his last day he was out working in front of the store and visiting with an old friend.

Canadian Marriages Search Engine

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Obit ] [ Read Next Obit ]

British Columbia, Canada Obituaries and Death Notices Collection is maintained by CanadianObits with WebBBS 5.12.

Search the Abbotsford News Obituary Database here:

First Name:

Last Name:

1921 Census of Canada Obituary Index - NEW!

Canadian Obituary & Death Notice Archive -

Canadian Obituary Collection -

ALSO...Search for your names in these Ontario, Canada Genealogy Websites:

First Name: (first name optional)
Last Name:


Search for your names in this Canadian Marriages Search:

First Name: (first name optional)
Last Name:


 Search fulltext Canadian Genealogy Discussion Groups:

First Name: (first name optional)
Last Name:   UPDATED!!!


Now filtering Canadian provinces!


IMPORTANT HINT!!! - When the list of results displays, DON'T click
on anything! Just pass your mouse over the links at
each listing and you will see a balloon with the marriage




Rootsweb Review Archives Search
Search through the archives of this past genealogy update!

First Name:
Last Name:

Search through tons of fulltext obits
from all over the United States.


First Name:
Last Name:

Search through tons of marriage records
from all over the United States.


The ROOTS-L Message Listserver was a valuable asset to family researching for many years. This archive is TEEMING with family data and clues that can help your research. Here is a handy search tool for that ENTIRE archive!

First Name: (optional)
Last Name:

No results for your search terms? Keep checking back! We add new data every day!

Support the Fight Against Breast Cancer and Shop Pink Bag New York Coffee Blends Now Available at!

Marriage Search Engines

Statewide Obituary Archives

Free Surname Meanings and History Lookup NEW!!!

Or browse surnames alphabetically:

A   B   C   D   E   F

G   H   I   J   K   L

M   N   O   P   Q   R

S   T   U   V   W   X

Y   Z



If the results that you get turn out to be a death notice rather than an obituary, many times you can find a fulltext obituary by doing a search HERE.





Search through 40 million
Obituary and Death Records
in - - - - Surname Search Utility - -


Copyright © 2016-2018
The format and design of this website
is completely owned by,
while the content of obituary data is
forever owned by the families of the deceased.